Wednesday, June 1, 2011

1
Spring Cleaning...Summer To Do's

I am addicted to clothes...

I am not a shopaholic, and you wouldn't know it by looking at my wardrobe but I have far too many clothes. My problem happens to be that I just can't let go of any piece of clothing I own. I am good too. I can come up with any excuse to keep something. Everything from the sentimental "I wore this when..." to the "I am going to fit into this again and I wouldn't want to have to re-buy something like it". The realization that I was taking over three clothing racks in our home was enough for me to admit I have a problem.  If only there was a twelve step program for something like this.  Nope, it would take good old fashioned hard work.

First I started with my dresser drawers. These bad boys wouldn't even close and I was storing clothes on the top of the dresser that wouldn't fit inside. 

Yes that is the contents of one drawer all over my floor.



I allowed myself to keep only those things that fit, were in good condition, and would fit in the drawer.  I let myself keep one small tote of items that do not currently fit but that I know once I loose my pregnancy weight I should be able to get back into.




Then it was on to the closet...My goal was to take these two racks and condense them to one.  I revised that goal midway and decided if I could get all of my clothes to fit in just this one space I would be doing good.

Holy disaster!! 



Sad to say this is only the contents of my closet.  I was also taking up half of Jackson's closet in the basement. 


I managed to get rid of this entire bag full of clothes and shoes.  Yay!


All the while my little man slept away in his swing.



I must say I am pleased with the end result although I am sure I could have gotten rid of more.  It's a good start.  Everything organized by its style and season!!



Now more important things can take shape...like the craft closet I am going to make this closet into once my new closet in the basement is finished!  



Oh yeah, and what am I going to do with all these extra hangers??



I have so many things I want to accomplish this summer and for some reason summer is when I have my motivation, so look forward to seeing lots of posts about what we are up to around here:

1.  Start and keep up on Jackson's yearly scrapbook...all done digitally with the photoshop program that is on it's way to my house now.  

2.  Get the craft/playroom functional.  

3.  Re-decorate the ladder shelf in my living room.  I never have been 100% satisfied with how it looks and I think I know just the person who can help me with this.  I just love my best friend's ability to decorate shelves as you can see in this post.

Well I think that is a hefty to do list considering I am a new momma and I plan on lots of playtime and getting out of the house too.  

I leave you with this because it was the most precious part of my day today!!  I love these two guys!! 


Have a wonderful day!!  Jackson and I have a play date with these two lovely ladies tomorrow so look for some pictures soon!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to organize. I am going to be going through my closet soon. We need to have a yard sale. Plus I see the next chapter of TOTAL MOM is about this. Get rid of those hangers or you will fill them up, again. Remember one thing in one thing out. If you have not donated the clothes yet I am going to Joplin in July for a week. I could take them down there for you :O) Love you cuz.

Post a Comment