Monday, May 30, 2011

1
Celebrate!!

I have been enjoying lots and lots of playtime this week and it has been glorious!!  Jackson gets more and more fun everyday; staying awake for longer periods of time, starting to "play" with toys, and tons of smiling and cooing.  He is the cutest boy in the world!! (Yeah I know I am biased)

When we haven't been playing at home we have been out and about playing!  Jack went to his first ball game this week.  I think he is going to love sports.  He was so content sitting in Grandma's lap watching the game and getting some sunshine.  


Peyton, my little sis, is so sporty and reminds me so much of how I was when I was little.  So determined!!


We even managed to make it to church this weekend for the first time as a family of three.  Jackson slept through the whole service and as soon as he heard the car door close to come home he started crying.  At least we made it through church.  We are starting the plans for Jackson's baptism and I am hoping to have a date set in the next couple of weeks.  

Jack gets himself so tickled sometimes, it just cracks me up.  When he smiles he smiles with his whole body.  First he gets a little grin, then a bigger smile that squints his eyes.  This usually gets him so excited that he starts to wiggle his whole body.  He ends the fun with a little laugh!  Soo cute!!



Other times he is so very serious as if he is studying the world around him. 


To top the weekend off we planned an outing to Celebration at the Station.  We used to go to this event every year but the past couple we have been out of town or too busy to find time to go out there.  This year we decided to spend the evening out there picnicking with friends and family, lounging in lawn chairs, and laying out on quilts napping in the sunshine.  It was so very relaxing and nice to be out of the house in the nice spring weather.



We listened to The Kansas City Symphony and at sundown they coordinate fireworks and cannons to the music.  It was such a good time.  Of course my son has my luck and of all the 100's of people around us he gets nailed in the head with a frisbee during a diaper change.  I freaked out as he is screaming (diaper less I might add) and the woman who threw the frisbee can't stop asking me if he is ok.  He was just fine after calming down and the lady felt really bad.  I was shaking for about an hour as I was so scared he might really be hurt, and Daddy was a little peeved but managed to keep his cool.  We had such a relaxing night just sitting out there talking and laughing.  Jackson got to see his first fireworks show and he quite enjoyed it! 

 I was determined to learn how to use my camera to get some good shots of fireworks.  I even did a little research prior to going so I would know just how to get the best pictures.  Well all I have to say is "easier said than done".  I didn't like how most of the pictures turned out but I guess I got a few that were good.  The shutter speed was either too fast or too slow and every picture has some smoke in it from the previous firework.  If anyone has any good tips on catching the perfect picture of fireworks with a dslr I am all ears. 


Today was all about chillin out at home and resting.  We slept in and lounged in our jammies most of the day.  Jess is sick with a sinus infection so he was miserable and needing the rest.  Hope he is on the mend soon!   

It was a great and busy holiday weekend that has left me feeling so thankful for friends, family, and fun.  Hope everyone else enjoyed their holiday and the extra day off.  Now it's time to kick off the summer!!   
     





1 comments:

Jenny said...

He IS the cutest boy in the world! I miss you two terribly, and am hoping I will be feeling better by the end of the week so we can get together. I am planning some serious kissing on baby Jack's cheeks! Maybe the weather will be nice and we can take the babies to the park or something...

Post a Comment