Wednesday, May 23, 2012

0
Week 5: 10 pounds and 10 confessions

Well I did it...my first 10 pounds gone!!  Yay!!!

Just 5 weeks ago I was soul searching for some motivation and I finally feel like I have found some motivation in how I feel and just the fact that the pounds are coming off slowly but surely. 

Weight Loss: 1.8 pounds this week.  Just shy of the two pound goal I have for each week. 

Best Part of the Week:  Getting to this ten pound mark this week has a little more meaning to me than it typically would because I was so sick this past week that I was unable to work out at all.  The prior week Jackson was sick and I was only able to workout one day.  I was sure that I would not be able to meet my goal since I had essentially not worked out in two weeks.  This makes me feel really good about my nutrition and how well I am doing with eating healthy. 

Worst Part of the Week:  I really feel like I lost a little bit of steam with being sick.  I have been tired and feel like my endurance has taken a hit.  I just have to find a way to get back in the groove. 

In honor of ten pounds gone here are ten confessions I hope to say good-bye to or progress from in the coming weeks:

  1.  Four weeks ago I weighed more than my husband.
  2.  I hate vegetables.  Unless of course they are smothered in Ranch dressing.
  3.  I used to consume 4-6 slices of pizza on pizza night compared to my current 2 slices.
  4.  I have high cholesterol at age 27.
  5.  I am so overweight I can no longer walk in high heels; its awkward and uncomfortable.
  6.  I used to be a size 4.  Now I am a size 12-14.
  7.  I have gained my weight over many years with most of my weight gain spikes in difficult emotional times or times I was feeling depressed. 
  8.  I have a sweet tooth! :)
  9.  I ran for 3 minutes straight today and it nearly killed me...only 3 minutes. 
10.  Although I have made great strides I still weigh 174 pounds; which means my starting weight was 184.6 pounds.  Wow!!


I'm not quite brave enough to post any progress photos of myself in my skin tight progress clothing but maybe after another ten pounds and I will start to feel confident again.


0 comments:

Post a Comment