Monday, May 14, 2012

1
Week 4: The Sickness

Sickness has invaded our home and I just have to say, I am about the WORST at being sick.  I usually thrash around the bed trying to get comfortable and I cry at least once a day about how miserable I feel.  Really, I think Jackson is better at the whole sick thing than I am, at least he can manage to play.  It has been a while since I can remember being as sick as I am right now with fever, and chills.  Hopefully we are able to shake this off soon and get back to normal life, but most of all I hope this doesn't set me back this week.  I need to take time to rest but it is so hard when you have things you want to accomplish.  Anyway to my weigh in for the week...


Weight Loss/Gain: Down another 1.5 lbs!!  I am just one pound from losing my first ten pounds.  WOW, that went by fast.  I was thinking this week about how far away the next ten pounds seems and that maybe I should have a smaller victory to look forward to before that next goal.  I haven't been able to remember what my pre-pregnancy weight was but I thought that would be an awesome achievement.  Good thing I kept a very detailed pregnancy journal complete with weekly weigh-ins.  After my first ten pounds I am going to focus on getting to my pre-preggo weight which will be just six pounds. 

Best part of this week: Everything is becoming a little more routine to me.  Fitting in workouts and choosing the right foods is becoming second nature and something that seems easier to fit into my busy schedule.  I enjoy getting active and it has become a bit of a family affair.  I don't have any friends that live close enough to me that I can workout with regularly but my hubby steps in and becomes my workout partner when I really need one to stay motivated. 

Worst part of this week:  My knees have been killing me from all of the pavement running I have been doing.  I do love the training program for the 5K but I need to scale back a bit.  I have been doing three nights a week of running on a concrete surface and it is starting to take a toll.  I am going to try to switch to a track running surface for one of the days and see if that helps.  Also I feel like I need to incorporate a more dynamic workout a couple days a week in order to work some other muscle groups and so that I can keep my body guessing. It is so easy to do the running program because I can put Jackson in the stroller and go anytime during the day or evening.  In order to do something different I have to be able to put him somewhere that he won't be in danger of getting kicked in the face by one of my awesome moves. 

Thought I would leave you with something funny for this week as I need a little humor boost today...

So True!!

Have a great and productive week!!


1 comments:

Jenny said...

SO proud of you! Keep it up, girl! But....get some rest first. :)

Post a Comment