Sunday, May 20, 2012

0
13 Months

Continuing on our first year tradition of monthly photos we will be doing Jackson's second year in photos as well.  This year I am doing things a little more casual to fit into our busy schedule.  This particular month was VERY casual, aka in his stroller while waiting in line at the aquarium.  Hey, can't blame a girl for multi-tasking and keeping her child entertained for a 25 minute wait.  Jack's thirteenth month...



Our baby boy is no longer a baby.  He is all boy!! 

At 13 months Jackson weighs 22 pounds 6 ounces and is 29 1/2 inches tall.  He is wearing 12 month sized clothes and a couple of 18 month Carters outfits.  He seems so tall this month and several times I have put on a pair of his jammies only to realize they are too short for him.  These nights usually leave me a bit choked up about how much he is changing. 


We have settled into a sweet spot lately with our routine and his personality.  He continues to love making us laugh which he does often.  Our days consist of a very predictable schedule thanks to his awesome new daycare teachers.  They assured me on his first day in the new room that in just a couple of weeks he would be "trained."  Jackson gets up each day around 8a.m., eats breakfast, plays, eats lunch, takes one three hour nap, plays, eats dinner, plays, bathtime, then bedtime at 7:15p.m.  I feel like I have my life back a bit because during his wonderful three hour nap I am able to tackle most everything I need to get done for the day, or study, or relax.  The rest of the time I am able to fully enjoy hanging out with my little boy. 


Jack has transitioned over to whole milk and didn't seem to even notice when we switched.  He LOVES his milk.  We also cut out another bottle from his schedule so now he just gets a bedtime bottle.  I am afraid this is going to be a hard one to cut out.  And a slight tangent here...I have noticed when I am out and about people let their kids drink out of bottles for a really long time.  Is it more convenient or something?  I just don't get it.  The last couple of times I have been out I have seen 18-24 month olds drinking out of bottles.  Did I miss something?  (Sorry, just wondering if I am doing something wrong??) 


I can visibly see him learning everyday.  He is following one and some two step directions and understands everything!!  We have started to spell some words because as soon as he hears these words he is dead set on having or doing them.  I can tell he wants to be more verbal and he tries to get some words out but nothing is really making sense to me.  I talked to his pediatrician about this and he said it is totally normal.  I returned with, "well, is it totally normal for me to be stressed that he isn't saying words?"  I feel bad but I get a little frustrated that I work with him a lot and read books and get on his level and show him what things are and how to say them but he isn't making words.  Guess I am being a little too pushy (imagine that).  Jackson is very good at his signs though.  He signs eat, more, and please and points to everything in order to communicate. 


Jackson is very well behaved most of the time but he also has a two year old attitude as of late.  Fits have begun and his pedi assures me that once they turn 13 months they mine as well be two years old and that lasts for the next three years.  So we are learning how to deal with fits and whining in our home.  It is so difficult...the rational things you think should work usually escalate the problem but I know if I let him walk all over me we will have serious issues later.  I have thought about getting a book to help prepare me for these types of behaviors and how to best handle them.  Any suggestions are much appreciated...

We so enjoy being this little guys parents.  I am so excited for all that this summer has in store for us.  He is at such a fun age for water play, outdoor activities, and lots of fun.  I love this cute face!! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment