Tuesday, May 8, 2012

0
Week 3: One Step at a Time

Weight Loss: 1.5 lbs.  Just short of my 2lb goal but I am gonna blame this on the McDonalds I ate Sunday night on the way to Children's Mercy.  Total weight loss to date: 7.5 lbs. 

I had a mini meltdown in the middle of this week when I decided to hop on the scale one night before bed.  I usually wait the whole week before I get on the scale but for some crazy reason I decided to get on and take a peak early.  The  results that night were not what I had wanted for that far along in the week so I was a little upset to say the least. 


How do you handle not getting the results you want?  I know I usually meltdown and get off track.  When I am stressed I always seem to get down about it and start slacking off.  With the determination to get healthy I wasn't gonna let not reaching my weekly goal get the best of me.  So this is what got me through...

If I lose just one pound a week for the next year I will have lost 52 lbs!! 

Just one year and I could be 50lbs less; that is amazing to me.  I am only three weeks in and already down 7.5lbs which means I have a jump start on this already.  I know that the last year has gone by so fast and that doesn't seem to be changing.  In a short time those 52 weeks will be gone and if I can focus on the subtle changes it takes to lose just a pound a week I can reach my goals this year. 

Worst part of the week: The HEAT!!!  I don't have indoor workout abilities so I was out there struggling to breathe through the thick air.  I cleared out a nice space in our bedroom this week so that I can do some video workouts if needed on future hot days. 

Best part of the week:  My clothes are starting to fit a little looser.  I have tried on a smaller size and they are buttoning but not fitting comfortable.  I know I am close and when I get there I will be wearing clothes I have not worn in two years. 

Goals for this week: Nothing new to add to this week.  I just want to focus on the basic things I have been working on these past two weeks and try not to focus too much on the numbers I see on the scale.   



Have a great week!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment