Monday, April 23, 2012

0
Progress

Well this lovely little pile greeted me this morning...


A combo of Jack's Birthday and plumbing issues put off laundry now for the last two weeks.  Today I managed to put a dent in it large enough I should be able to finish tomorrow. 

Nestled right next to the pile of whites this morning...the dreaded bathroom scale.  This scale and I have not been friends for a number of years now (since high school) and it is not for my lack of trying.  A bitter disagreement has driven a wedge between us for quite sometime now.  No matter how much we disagree I keep on coming back and I swear one of these days we will be friends again.  I will great her every morning with a smile on my face and a good morning until that day!! 


This morning's weigh in was about as pleasant as I thought it would be.  The first few weigh ins for me usually are not a problem.  I was down 5 lbs exactly! 

Best part about this first week: I lost 5 lbs, duh!!  No really I am just happy that the weight is coming off and not being stubborn.  I was very good about eating right this week and although I had my moments of weakness I tried to keep those under control as well. 

Worst part of this first week: My workouts were terrible.   I did work out but it was lazy walking without much planning or tracking.  I kept telling myself this was OK because at least I was moving.  Well I don't think that's going to get me week after week of weight loss so it was time for a change. 

Goals: Focus on Workouts
I have been doing a lot of looking around knowing what I had in mind...interval training.  The one thing I hate about interval training is clock watching.  Each interval is a specific amount of seconds and as you are trying to run you have to watch your timer in order to know what to walk again.  I finally found the coolest app in the nation!!  Ease into 5K by Bluefin Software.  There is no clock watching for my intervals with this app.  The app allows me to play my music and when there is a change from walking to running or vise versa a nice voice comes on and tells me to do so.  On top of all of that it tracks my time, calories, weight and distance.  Tonight was my first night using it and when I walked in the door after finishing my hubby asked me if I was Ok so I must be doing something right...


I also like this app because when I finish with the 5K there is a bridge to 10K software.  This should last me for a while on my running workouts.  This is only three days a week so I plan to use one of my workout videos a day or two as well. 

I am going to continue to focus on good nutrition, and high protein as well.  For my metabolic syndrome I need to be very careful about carbs so I would also like to link carbs and proteins this week. 

My motivation this past week has come from the kind words of encouragement from others.  I was happy that so many people told me to go for it and made me feel good about making a change.  I am building up self confidence and motivation from all of these kind words. 

P.S. Please click here and vote!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment