Wednesday, April 11, 2012

0
11 Months

I am playing catch up on my little blog today.  Between being a Mommy, work, taking care of our home, and The Lovely Apple I have gotten a little behind. 

Things were so busy during Jackson's eleventh month I didn't even get the chance to take photos of him in his chair.  Fortunately on the day he turned eleven months we had a big day with lots of pictures so I am using those for this month's post. 


We had a few big milestones this month!  Jackson really mastered walking this month.  He began taking steps in his tenth month but he was very unstable and falling down a ton.  This month he has his walking legs and gets around very well.  He should be running in no time.  We spent tons of time at the park this month soaking up the beautiful weather spring has had to offer so far and practicing our walking.  He loves to be outside more than anywhere else.


King of the World


Jackson also got his first haircut this month.  Talk about adorable!!  He was so good and only got upset when the buzzer trimmer came out. 




Jack's eating and sleeping schedules are essentially the same this month.  He loves to sleep in if we let him and often sleeps until 9 o'clock in the morning.  He still loves to eat, especially breakfast of pancakes and eggs.  He loves it so much that sometimes we have breakfast for dinner.  He has gotten really picky about meats lately.  I know that he likes them but I don't think he likes the texture.  He will put the meat in his mouth and start to eat it and then reach in and take it all out.  Not sure how to solve this little problem but for now I hide the meat in other things on his plate.  He loves his fruit and I have to save it for last or he will only want to eat fruit for his meal.  If there is something that he runs out of on his tray he will sign for more until we put that item back on his tray. 

Jackson has started to jabber on and on as if he is having a conversation with me.  It is very cute.  He said his first word other than mama and dada this month...dog.  He points at anyting with four legs and calls it a dog.  He will hollar at Julie and then say "dog."  I wish that you all could hear it because it is just so cute and funny.  When he grabs a book he sits down, opens it, and starts to "read" the book to me.  He loves books.  He will bring them to me and then sit down in front of me so I can read it to him.


Jackson's favorite toy this month has been his little hammer and wooden peg toy.  This toy was his daddy's toy when he was little and Jess has been determined to teach him how to use it for a couple of months.  My husband is a carpenter so naturally he wants his little boy to know how to use a hammer at a young age.  Well, Jack finally mastered this as well.  He knows exactly how to hit each little peg.  He gets so determined to make the peg move and sometimes he just isn't strong enough.  When they don't move like he wants he will throw the hammer and push the toy aside; can we say strong willed.

Bye Bye Guys
That about covers his eleventh month and after looking back on that I can see why I was so busy.  I've got a soon to be walking, talking, toddler monster!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment