Monday, July 25, 2011

0
My Boys


Looking back tonight and I realized I never posted pictures of my hubby with our little boy like I said I would



When we found out we were having a little boy I was so very excited, but I must admit I was also a little nervous!!  I don't know a whole lot about boys, and having two younger sisters that I remember practically raising, I was much more comfortable with the idea of having a little girl.  It wasn't until I told one of my dear friends at work I was having a boy,  that I was assured it would be GREAT!!  She was overjoyed when she found out Jackson was a boy and told me she thought I would be such a great " boy Mom."  Coming from a Mommy of two boys that meant a lot to me. 

Today I can tell you, I wouldn't change it for the world(of course)!!  He is so amazing and just the coolest little guy ever.   



I am even more blessed by having such an awesome husband who has turned being a new daddy into an art-form.  I always knew he would be great but he has surprised me.  Seeing the way my two boys are together is one of the best feelings in this world.  I just sit back, watch, and my heart swells.  They are best friends and it is so amazing to see the bond that is forming between the two of them.  Just as I feel Jackson and I have our own special language and connection, so do they.  There are things that only Jess can do to make our little one light up. 


I remember in the first few weeks home Jess would ask me when he was going to start doing "the cool stuff."  I think he thought we were going to bring home a toddler from the hospital.  Well we have officially entered the "cool stuff" phase and these two are loving it. 


Watching someone become a Daddy is breathtaking.  It doesn't happen in an instant like I think Motherhood does; instead it evolves from the moment they lay eyes on their child.  Feeling so blessed tonight!!

Happy Monday!


0 comments:

Post a Comment