Tuesday, July 5, 2011

2
Fourth of July Fun

For us the Fourth of July has always meant family, friends, fireworks, and fun.  We had our families and friends over to our place this year for a pool party, BBQ, and fireworks. 

Jackson was loving the pool yesterday.  Until now he hasn't been very fond of the pool, I think it is a little too cold for him.  Now he LOVES it!!  There were so many cute pictures of him in the pool! 




The pool party was a definite hit!




Jackson looked so cute in his Fourth of July outfit and I kept calling him my little firecracker!  Holidays have always been so fun for me but this year they are extra special.  I love celebrating all the firsts.  I always have to have a special outfit for Jack for every occasion.  I know it is a bit obsessive but I want him to know just how much I love making his first year special.   


This kiddo is beer bottle obsessed...LOL


He spent a good five minutes trying to get this beer in his mouth, a true guy.

After the sleepy baby was tucked in for the night we got to enjoy a fireworks show courtesy of "the boys."  They did a fabulous job of entertaining us ladies.  


 Sparklers have always been my favorite!


To top off the night we did a few sky lanterns.  Have you ever seen these?  They are so cool.  Someday I want to have a huge party where everyone sends up one of these. 



We had a wonderful night...but stayed up entirely too late for new parents.  We are both feeling it today and I am sure an early bedtime is in store for us tonight.  The next week is going to be nuts as we prepare ourselves for our first vacation as a family of three.  Any advice on traveling or packing for a trip with a baby are much appreciated.  


2 comments:

Gretchen Brashear said...

If you are driving leave just before bedtime so he gets his normal sleep, and doesn't get out of wack! :-) Expect the unexpected pack plenty of clothes. Only pack enough wipes for the drive/flight and buy what you need when you get there that way no bulky box to pack!! If I think of mote I will pass them on, this is one area I have become a pro at!!! Lol

Brian Hurley said...

Blake never slept in the car when he was little. So it always threw him off. He did good driving to Omaha recently... of course he is 3 1/2...

If you think he would like movies in the car we have a portable dvd player you can borrow. Jackson might like to see them too.

Post a Comment