Sunday, July 29, 2012

0
15 Months

Well I continue to lag behind in getting these posts published.  Normally I would be disappointed in myself but not this month.  We have accomplished so much this past month with our home and me with the business.  The Lovely Apple had it's busiest month so far with a whopping 21 orders and we have finished our kitchen, painted our new fireplace and just about have our laundry room finished.  I have thrown myself back into digital scrap booking and I have made some great strides towards finishing his first year.  I am so excited that we managed to tone down our social calendar and get some things done.

Jackson is as spunky as ever.  He has been a real pill this last month but I finally have my finger on what has been bothering him.  He wants so desperately to tell me things that he just can't tell me.  His inability to communicate has thrown him into tantrums you wouldn't believe unless you saw them.  I can usually calm him by getting on his level and telling him to show me but sometimes he is beyond reason. 



Jack's vocabulary is expanding and he is beginning to mimic my words a little more.  I am happy for him that he is able to communicate a little better.  New words: NO!, shoes, bubble, Buzz(from Toy Story), blue, two, and occasionally he will sneak in a word after I say it but these words he says all the time. 

His playing is changing again.  He continues on his independence streak but he is typically a very destructive little boy wanting to throw things, hit things together, and wrestle.  This past month he has wanted to do some more organized playing like building forts, playing hiding games, building with blocks, and my favorite, coloring or playing with Mommy's sticker drawer.  I am going to have to stock up on stickers because he loves to color a picture and then top it off with some fun stickers. 



Jackson continues to love to read, to watch his favorite movie, Toy Story, and to play outside.  I can't get him to come inside when I am exasperated by the heat so of course that ends in a tantrum as well.  He will stay out there for hours watering plants, playing in his water table, going for wagon rides, and just exploring new things.  He loves to explore new things.  I let him play in my Tupperware drawer the other day and he was content for a good thirty minutes. 


Eating has gotten a bit better, not because he is eating better but because I have decided to go with the flow.  I don't want to fight with him everyday so I modified all of our diets.  Jackson loves beans, LOL.  So we have been eating a lot of those lately.  I have had to get a little creative with how to incorporate these into every meal but they are his source of protein and that is important to me so we have been managing.  Bottom line, beans are healthier than meat anyway so we are probably better for the change.  He is still a rock start with breakfast and drinking his milk. 



Jackson brought home a nasty habit from daycare this month...hitting.  He will haul off and slap me in the face just because he wants to test me.  At first I didn't know what to do and it was difficult for me to hold back my laughter.  Eventually I got wise and realized he was trying to see how I would react so I started reacting.  Time out has ensued at our house.  We have a special corner just for time outs and when he hits or he wants to throw a fit he goes to that corner to do so.  He picked up on the concept quickly and has even put himself in time out a couple of times before I could even react.  I think its working but it's hard to tell sometimes.  I want him to be good and disciplined but I don't want to break his spirit getting him there.  I see so many people out and about who beat their kids down and break their strong will just to get them to behave.  I feel like there has to be a middle ground; one where he will continue to have his strong spirit but will also be a good little boy.  A few of our friends have little ones like Jack so hopefully they can give us some pointers.  And of course we all know I was exactly this way as a child as well. 



Life has never been more interesting or different than Jess and I have ever lived.  We find ourselves trading date nights for family nights without even second guessing.  We are so happy just being together, wherever we are.  And Jack brings us so much love and joy.  He has us laughing all the time even if we have to go to another room to do it so he won't see. 


Have a great week!!
Jenn



0 comments:

Post a Comment