Friday, July 6, 2012

0
14 Months

I am so glad that I started this post a month ago when Jackson actually turned 14 months because otherwise I don't think I would have remembered half of this stuff. The weeks and months just fly by.  These photos are about a week and half after Jack turned 14 months but better late than never.  I promise to be on time this month and I have a little something special planned for his 15th month. 

Jack turned 14 months old on June 13th.  We celebrated by going to get his second hair cut.  This little boy's hair grows so fast, just like his Mommy's.  He enjoyed a sucker at the hair salon and was a little trooper just like the first time. 


This month marked the last of Jackson's nights with a bottle.  My little baby boy is all grown up.  Jackson takes a sippee all day long and before bed he eats a little snack and has a sippee of a couple ounces of milk.  Our bedtime routine is a little different without the bottle and took a bit of adjusting but he is mostly used to it now and goes to bed without any tears.  Our routine revolves around jammies, brushing teeth, stories as a family, and then snuggles in his chair.  In order to get rid of the bottle I just made a really big deal of how big of a boy he was for brushing his teeth and reading stories in his chair.  He really didn't seem to mind much that the bottle was gone. 




Daytime routines at home are about the same...up at 9, breakfast, playtime, lunch, one long afternoon nap, up for playtime, dinner, playtime, and then bath and bedtime.  His afternoon naps are a glorious time for me to get some things done. 



Jackson's protest to eating meat has continued this month.  I am really struggling to get what I consider a "good" diet in for him.  One day I will have no problem getting him to eat something and then the next day it seems like he hates it.  I figure this is just a phase and I am trying to be patient and flexible with him.  I spoke to his doctor about this at his last appointment and he assured me that he is getting enough protein in his milk and eggs that I am able to get in him. 



All in all Jack has been just amazing and fun.  Each month brings new challenges and he is pushing me with wanting to be independent these days but it is fun to see him explore his independence.  He likes to watch us and mimic what we do.  He can brush his own teeth and hair, likes to try and put on his own clothes, and has begun to eat with utensils like Mom and Dad, puts away his toys when asked, and helps me do simple house chores like vacuuming and laundry.  He likes to help Daddy mow the lawn, actually he down right insists on helping with just about everything.  This kiddo also LOVES to water my flowers.  He is so funny...each time we come home he goes and gets the watering can, goes over to the spout to get water, and then carries it over to the plants to water them. 



Here he is eating with a big spoon like a pro...


And he really likes to sneak bites to Julie our puppy...


Jackson can be as ornery as he is sweet at times.  He tests my patience at times and I can see it in his smile that he knows what he is doing is wrong but he just wants to see if I will let him get away with it.  This past month I was working on cleaning up lunch in the kitchen and I heard things get very quiet so I went to investigate.  Jack was standing on a chair in his playroom trying to reach a stuffed monkey on an upper shelf.  I just stood there in shock!!  I am constantly amazed by his learning and his physical strength and ability.



He is not a boy of many words but I know that he understands me.  He can say dog, duck, Momma, Daddy, uh-oh, and drink.  He watches my lips very closely when I talk to  him but he hasn't quite started to mimic my words yet.  I will keep pluggin' away and I know someday soon I will be amazed by his vocabulary. 

Sweetest boy...I love you!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment