Wednesday, January 2, 2013

0
My Snow Bunny at 21 Months

Jackson is just a little over a week shy of 21 months but with this latest snow and our very first opportunity to show Jackson what snow is all about I decided I could post a little early for once. 

Here is our little snow bunny playing in the snow for the first time at 21 months...

His expressions are priceless!!

Jackson is very much into music this month.  He is getting very good at singing songs and dancing.  He knows all of the actions to "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "The Wheels on the Bus."  He is singing phrases out of the songs and we can't forget the resounding "YAY!!!" at the end of each song.  He also loves to dance around the room to lots of different kinds of music.  It's no surprise with as much as his Daddy loves music that he too would love music. 



Jackson's vocabulary is exploding!!  I am amazed at the words he can say and his ability to communicate.  He can speak in small phrases and he repeats every single word I say.  Even more than his speech he is able to comprehend so much better this month.  He seems to understand the most complex things like when I am stressed or sad.  He comes over to me and loves on me and looks at me in the face very intent on my expressions. 


Big boy is growing strong weighing about 28 pounds, about 33 inches tall, size 24 month clothes, size 6 extra wide shoe, and size 5 diaper.  He is an agile little thing, running fast, and jumping like a pro.



Jackson continues to show his independent side wanting to dress himself, brush his own teeth, even get his own snack or drink.  He still loves to help as well and was sure to shovel the snow with Daddy. 

Toys he likes this month, post Christmas, are his tool bench and drill, his choo choo trains and tracks, his Woody doll, and his new puzzles.  He continues to love to be physically active.  He will wrestle and make all kinds of crashing boy noises.  He cracks me up when he gets out a couple of cars and bangs them together making crashing noises.  He saw a gun toy playing with one of his cousins over Christmas and I was astounded when he picked it up and made shooting noises while pointing it.  He has never seen a gun and I had no clue he would just know what to do with one. 


Pink cheeks means its time to go inside...he gave me quite a fight getting back inside.

Hands down favorite part of this month...my little boy learned to pray!!  He folds his tiny hands at the dinner table and each night before bed.  He listens quietly while we say the prayer and then at the end he says Amen.  It warms my heart reading to him out of his Bible each night and saying prayers with him.  I hope I am raising a sweet God fearing little man that will lead his family well someday. 


We love this little boy and there isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't have us laughing and smiling at each other in pure delight. 

XOXO,
Jenn


0 comments:

Post a Comment