Wednesday, January 2, 2013

0
19 Months

A post from November...

When I started this crazy year I told myself I would go with the flow, take pictures of our life as it came and continue to document Jackson's growth and progress with the compilation of photos.  This may have been a bit of a mistake as I have been so slow to get these posts updated.  Something more formal may need to be in the works for his next year or I will continue to lag behind. 

This month the shift from baby to toddler was felt in this Mamma's heart.  He is so BIG and the reality of the baby days being over are upon me.  His independence astounds me and makes me so proud as a Mother. 


Jackson is talking with more ease and picking up words left and right.  He mostly repeats what we say and has been gaining a bit of comprehension as the months progress.  He understands our routine, and flows from one thing to the next, never missing a beat.  That being said he doesn't much like his routine changing lately.  It's usually not like him to be upset at a change in plans but this month especially he has been hooked to his routine. 


As usual Jackson is mobile as ever.  He loves climbing, and hiding, building, and crashing.  He will climb up in a chair to sit down and have a snack, look at me and say "Big".  He too is proud of his growth and accomplishments.  We are getting ready for the holidays around here and he is liking having new things to explore and play with. 

Blocks are a favorite toy this month.  He and Daddy will build some elaborate tower of blocks and then Jackson will come swooping in to knock them all down, only to rebuild them again.  We have made many visits to Chik-fil-A this month to give him an opportunity to climb the play place while I watch.  That place is so clean and designed perfectly for his age.  I have a feeling we will be there many times over the winter months because I am not a fan of playing in the freezing cold. 


Jackson is growing quite a bit lately.  As I put on his clothes and see the pants are too short or the top is too tight I am reminded that as this season changes over I will need to buy him a new wardrobe in 24 month sizes. 

We spend our days relaxed, staying in our PJs until lunch when we can.  I so enjoy getting on his level and playing with cars and trucks.  He loves to drive his cars around his Little People garage or put together a puzzle.  Seeing him learn before my very eyes makes me want to stay home even more.  Jackson also enjoys 30 minutes or so of television each day.  I try to restrict it but some days he sneaks in an extra 30.  He enjoys watching Sesame Street, Toy Story, and Finding Nemo. 


Well I suppose after the holiday it is time for this Momma to begin birthday party planning, or at least get a theme in mind.  I can't believe in just a short 5 months he will be a two year old.  I will miss referring to him as so many months old.  He will just be 2...

XOXO,
Jenn








0 comments:

Post a Comment