Wednesday, January 2, 2013

0
Halloween

I wrote this post months ago and never did post it because I didn't have the photos uploaded.  Here is Jackson's Halloween...

Jackson's costume stems from his insane love for animal noises these last few months, especially the lion. He can see a lion anywhere and he will start roaring. It is one of our favorite things he does and we both felt like he just had to be a little lion. I wanted to make his costume so badly but when I was presented with a very nice Babies R' Us coupon, realizing it would be more expensive to actually make it, we resorted to buying one. I think it is super cute and several people at Jackson's school actually asked me if I did make it. Not sure if that is a compliment or not but I'll take it. 


Halloween has always been very low key for our little family.  We usually end up vegged out on the couch waiting for a small group of trick-or-treaters to come our way, watching movies and eating most of the candy from our treat bowl. 


We both knew with having Jackson our Halloween adventures would take on a new dimension but we have still managed to keep it low key around here.  My camera was on the fritz so of course I only have a few, somewhat blurry, cell phone pictures to document the night.  These days I take what I can get with Jackson.  He isn't always the most cooperative toddler, but then again who is at that age. 


We started the day at Jackson's school for his Halloween party.  He had snacks with all of the other children and it was so cute to be a part of his class for an hour.  Just seeing him interact with the other kiddos and his teachers makes me feel so good about where he is when Jess and I are at work. 


Our trick or treating was a little sparce but not to worry we still had plenty of candy to go around.  He totally got the concept of trick or treating and saying "thank you" but he did get a little grabby with the candy.  He so enjoyed putting stuff in his bucket that he just wouldn't stop.  It was very cute and very funny. 


At the end of the night Jack snuck one piece of candy.  Unknown to Jess and I Jackson was slipped a mini candybar.  He loved it!!  Good thing it was only a mini because boy was he on a sugar high!

Holidays are such a blast with our little man and I know they just keep getting better and better.  Judging by his love of Halloween this year, next year is going to be so much fun! 

XOXO,
Jenn





0 comments:

Post a Comment