Tuesday, January 3, 2012

0
Ringin' it in!!!

We got away this past weekend for a family Christmas/New Year's celebration in Omaha.  A quick trip that recharged our batteries and gave us a new appreciation for our go with the flow kiddo. 

The last time we traveled Jackson was just three months old.  Although he did wonderfully at that age it was a big pain traveling with a baby that young.  Between the amount of stuff you must lug with you and the countless stops you make for frequent feedings and diaper changes we were exhausted before we even arrived at our destination.  This trip was so much different!!  He was an amazing little traveler and as you can see in this picture I think he will be a future jet-setter.


This was his first stay in a hotel and I had the worst anxiety about a crying baby in a hotel.  I imagined screaming for hours at night about being in a strange place and waking up the people in the rooms around us at all hours of the night and morning.  He did amazing!!  Two nights in a row he went to bed without a fuss.  He is so easy going.  I love that he is so laid back and that he embraces each new place as an opportunity to explore. 


We made him a little pillow fort on the luxurious king bed and he was in heaven.  He played there while we got ready each morning.  He and Daddy played peak-a-boo, and basketball.  They are so cute and funny together. 




Our family rang in the New Year in a hotel lobby playing cards, laughing, and reminiscing.  I would not have wanted to start the year any other way.  The best part was for the first time since Jackson was itty bitty, he slept right next to me in a tiny little hotel crib, just like he did when we brought him home.  

And I just have to add this picture because he started doing the cutest little lip smacking this weekend.  It cracks me up every time and I am so glad I got a picture of him doing it...


Coming back at ya in the next couple of days with our family New Year's Resolutions or as I like to call them "Goals". 


0 comments:

Post a Comment