Saturday, November 26, 2011

0
Jackson: 7 Months

Well I had been putting off this post giving my curious little baby time to heal up some of his battle wounds.  This child is such a dare devil!!  So here he is, bumps, bruises, scrapes and all. 


I have had to get really creative with taking pictures because this little boy is too busy to sit in a chair anymore.  He is all over the place!  He does like laundry baskets though.  At one point I thought he was digging under the chair for his binkie and when he turned around he had the dog's bone in his mouth.  GROSS!!




At seven months Jack is more fun than ever.  He is quickly getting around the house with crawling and cruising.  He investigates everything around him and takes it all in.  I can see him learning new things everyday.  Honestly I think I like this stage more than any other so far.  It just keeps getting better. 


We have a schedule!!  I know it is crazy but we have finally nailed down a very regular routine and I must say I am so relieved.  Jackson is sleeping 10-11 hours at night and taking two naps a day.  His first nap is usually 2 hours long and the afternoon nap is much more difficult to get but is usually about an hour long.  Although his schedule is very predicatable at home, he still struggles when he is anywhere else. 


Jack has 7 teeth!!  I guess this seems amazing to me because I don't know many other babies with this many teeth.  He is so cute when he gives me a big toothy grin!!


The biggest change this month has been with Jackson's eating.  I stopped breast feeding at the beginning of the month.  It was more his choice than it was mine but ultimately I didn't want to force the issue.  He is such a busy little boy and settling down to nurse was becoming an increasing chore.  He doesn't seem to mind taking formula and while I tried pumping for a few weeks to get him the breastmilk, without the bond of nursing I tired of that quickly.  Currently he eats three meals of baby food a day at regular meal times and then takes 4-5 bottles per day in addition.  He is growing well but has slimmed down since he started crawling. 


@ 8 months you love:

*Julie: When you look at the puppy you kick your legs and squeal with excitement.  She loves to give you kisses and you just laugh when she does.  When you catch her roaming around the house you try to chase her. 

*Eating like a big boy: you love to eat your baby food and you have tried lots of new things like peas, green beans, prunes, carrots, mac and cheese, and blueberries and apricots.  Your favorite is mac and cheese and blueberries.  You love to eat whole fruit out of your mesh eater and it makes a big mess.

*Mommy and Daddy's toys are your toys: anything electronic like cords, remotes, and things with lights are so fasinating to you.  You also like our shoes.

*Getting around the house and exploring.  You are getting so fast at crawling.  You like to pull up and stand on any kind of furniture and you have even been brave enough to let go and stand for a couple of seconds. 

*Showing off your personality.  You love to flirt with big smiles and giggles.  You also love to exert your independence by pushing us away when we try to help you clean up or do something you don't like. 

*Snuggles: Since you were born this has been yours and Mommy's favorite thing to do.  You and I can curl up and snuggle for hours.  I love the mornings when you will lay in bed and jabber and play until we both fall asleep again. 







One year is right around the corner.  I have started a bit of the planning process for his birthday but all that is on hold until after the holidays.  I can't believe how fast this time goes!  I still remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. 


I love you sweet sweet boy!!


  


0 comments:

Post a Comment