Sunday, November 6, 2011

5
ONE...it is on the horizon!

Let the first birthday party planning begin...

Anyone who knows me, knows I love to plan parties.  It should have been my career path and if I thought it would pay the bills I would totally do it.  In the meantime I will just stick to planning parties for my little one. 

A first birthday is a huge milestone; a culmination of the whirlwind that has been his first year.  Most of you will think I am nuts but I want his first birthday party to be BIG.  Now don't confuse BIG with EXPENSIVE...most of what I have chosen can be done by myself very inexpensive.  I have been thinking about this party since Jack turned 6 months old and I have still not settled on just one theme.  I am just not going to be able to choose on my own. 

Here is where you come in...I want to know what you think!! 

Here is a little about each party.  Just leave me a comment with your selection and tell me what you think!!!

A Monster Bash
I love this party because it is simple and colorful.  All little boys are little monsters aren't they?  I feel like this is a cute little party that would be easy to pull off and a lot of fun.
Colors: Blue, Green,  Orange, and of course the lovely Chevron pattern found below
Activities:  Pin the eye on the monster, adopt a monster (each kid creates their own little monster doll), decorate monster cookies
Goodies:  their little monsters, a photo of them in the monster photo booth, crayons with monster coloring pages
And the decor...

Splish Splash Bash

This little party has been on my mind for awhile.  Ever since my hubby shot down my first theme and it was back to the drawing board I fell in love with this theme.  I am worried that it is too summery for the time of year but I think if I keep the focus on goldfish it should be ok.  I really like the colors.
Colors: Blue and Orange
Activities:  cute little fishing game (you know the one they used to play at carnivals when you were little)
Goodies: party hats, little tin pails full of goodies and candy, goldfish in a bag soap(trust me it is super cute)
And the decor...


Little Buckaroo

Jess has been in love with this theme since we found out we were having a boy.  I think he would want this to be his birthday party every year if he had any choice in the matter.  I do really love this idea but wonder if it would be better suited when he is older.  I guess there is nothing wrong with doing the same thing another year if Jackson really wants to.  I love the mason jars full of daisies and all of the texture involved with this party. 
Colors: Red and Blue
Activities:  horse races with hobby horses of course, cowboy photo booth
Goodies:  each kid would take home their very own hobby horse
And the decor...

Well there you have it.  One of these cute little parties will be Jack's first birthday theme, with my twist of course :) 

What do you think??  Leave me a comment with your vote and any thoughts you might have!!  I love to hear new ideas!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!! Monster cowboys!!!

Jenny said...

I LOVE the fishy/splish-splash theme....SO cute!!

Anonymous said...

I think the monster party is so cute but cowboys make me think of Jesse. Maybe you could do monsters for bd 1 and for his 2nd bd cowboys. Nate had a cowboy party and loved it. I love original parties and not copyright parties. So they are all sweet.

Jolene: said...

I'd say it looks like you've got themes picked out for the next three birthdays! All so cute!

Anonymous said...

I would probably vote for the monster party because it is so colorful. I do like the cowboy one too.

Post a Comment