Sunday, October 23, 2011

1
Tradition

With the holidays fast approaching I have been thinking so much about traditions and what kinds of things I want to do every year as a family.  I am tradition obsessed and Jess has to pull me back every once and a while or I would go way overboard.  One tradition I know we will re-visit is a trip to the pumpkin patch.

Jess and I have not been to a pumpkin patch since our grade school days and I couldn't help but be giddy with excitement like a school child yesterday.  The pumpkin patch did not disappoint and it will be a yearly outing for this family!! 

My beautiful "punkin"


He was loving all the bright colors, the smooth pumpkins, and the smell of apples.  He was not so much loving the feel of the hay.  He would always get an "icky" face when he was feeling the hay.  Too funny..



We could not have picked a better day to go to Louisburg.  I had to put sunscreen on Jackson in the middle of October.  It was perfect. 

Such a beautiful place to take photos!!  All these cute little families were propping their littles on pumpkins, or posing them on hay bales.  Of course, I couldn't resist!









We were sure to do it all!!  Wagon ride, corn maze, big slides, you name it, we did it!!



New Shoes






I always say that I never get to be on the other side of the camera with Jackson because I am always taking pictures.  I told Jess on the way to the patch that I really wanted a good picture of Jackson and I together.  Boy did he deliver!!  I LOVE these photos!




Jackson got to pick out his own little pumpkin to decorate this year.  Hopefully I have time to get that done before Halloween in just one short week. 


Now my mind has focused on Christmas...don't ask me why I just skipped right over Thanksgiving but I am so excited for Christmas that I can hardly stand it.  What kinds of traditions do you have for the holidays??  I am going to pick a couple simple ones for this year so throw me some ideas. 

Have a great week!!


1 comments:

Jenny said...

I LOVE the pictures of your little smiling pumpkin! Such a happy boy. :) Looks like you guys had fun!

Post a Comment